Today, I tried out KDE Neon on my PinePhone “Brave Heart” and recorded the following video.
Here is a summary of some of the default apps:
- Buho – the default note taking app. Notes can be tagged by color, keyword, and organized into “books”. It can also save URLs.
- Discover – the same KDE software center available on the desktop.
- Index – the file manager which draws inspiration from Dolphin.
- KDE Connect – sync your Plasma Mobile phone with your Plasma Desktop.
- Koko – the photo gallery and viewer. Has some issues with thumbnails.
- Konsole – the same KDE terminal emulator available on the desktop.
- Okular – the PDF reader for Plasma Mobile. It’s a different application from Okular for Plasma Desktop.
- Phone Book – stores your contacts phone numbers, emails, etc.
- Settings – settings app for Plasma Mobile which is currently missing some categories (ex: battery).
- Wave – the default music player which don’t have any sound right now.
- Phone – the dialer app for calling numbers and contacts.
- Angelfish – the default web browser which has support for tabs, history, bookmarks, etc.
- Calindori – the default calendar app but I couldn’t figure out how to add events.